nut free and gluten free chocolate chip muffins
matcha-coconut cake (gluten-free)
mom’s chocolate chip meringues (kosher for passover, gluten-free)
coconut pavlova with pudding and caramel sauce (kosher for passover, gluten-free)
lighter-than-air chocolate cake (kosher for passover, gluten-free)
pineapple banana smoothie (diet-friendly, vegan, gluten-free)
lemon coconut macaroons (gluten-free)
These cookies have the same great flavour as your traditional peanut butter cookies that you remember from childhood.
Quinoa Peanut Butter Cookies (Gluten Free)
- 2 1/4 water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 sorghum flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
Preheat 350 F; Line with baking sheet.
1) In a sauce pan, bring water and salt to a boil. Add quinoa; return to a boil then reduce heat and simmer. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes until all water is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
2) Once cooked remove from heat and set aside to cool.
3) In a large bowl, beat peanut butter and both sugars until smooth. Add eggs; one at a time.and mix well, scraping down the sides occasionally.
4) In a separte bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and xanthan gum. Add in three parts the flour to the peanut butter mixture until dough forms. It will take a few minutes to form.
5) Form the dough into small 1 tbsp balls and flatten slightly. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown. Let rest on baking sheet for about 15 minutes so they are manageable to tranfer.
This Recipe yields 4 dozen cookies.
(submitted by sweetsgenius)
chocolate chip cookie dough (diet-friendly, high protein, vegan, gluten-free)
samoa cookie pancakes (diet-friendly, vegan, gluten-free, high protein)